Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Book Tour: The Bridesmaid by Jenny Scotti





The Bridesmaid
‘full of twists and turns which makes the book a real page turner’

A Love Affair... A Secret... A Murder...

Haddley, a quiet English village in the Midlands. Kelly Evans -- a sixteen year old girl -- is brutally murdered. Her body is discovered by a neighbour, and the police are called in to investigate. Kelly was young and beautiful, and her untimely death comes as a shock to all who knew her … or does it really?

The dark side of Kelly’s personality soon comes to light. She was ruthless and promiscuous, and stopped at nothing to get what she wanted, even if it meant wrecking other people’s lives. She made quite a few enemies, and among close friends and neighbours are some who might have had a very good reason for wanting to get rid of her.

The investigation takes a new and unexpected turn when a locket goes missing, and a connection is made with the twenty-year-old murder of a wartime movie star. As the police search the past for answers and gradually piece the mystery together, the respectable veneer starts cracking exposing a web of jealousy, sexual intrigue and deceit.

Buy the book from....
Amazon.com

My Review:
★★★★☆

I couldn't really get into this book at first. I kept sitting it down to read or do something else. I didn't dislike it or anything. The plot is interesting. The characters are complex and well written. The writing is good.

I originally felt like the book just didn't flow really well for me. I kept finding myself forgetting who was who even when I was almost halfway through the book.

Enough on the criticism though. There are more pros than cons to this book! As I said, the characters are all believable and were written well. I think the confusion on my part is just from the amount of people that were in this book. It seemed as though every few paragraphs I was reading about a different character. Once I got used to it, it wasn't as confusing, but the first few chapters of the book had me re-reading some parts to make sure who I was reading about.

The best part of this book is the fact that there is I had no clue, or rather too many clues, as to who might have committed the murder. It seemed that there were a few likely suspects, yet I couldn't figure out who it was. Then another mystery crops up and it gets even better.

By the end of the book, I was in love with this author. I rarely find a book that keeps me thinking constantly. I couldn't stop trying to figure out who did it. Once I was about halfway through the book I had stopped sitting it down unless I had to. I really wanted to get to the end to find out all the answers. I am definitely going to read more by this author!

I recommend this book to anyone that loves a good mystery. It is well written, even if I did find it confusing at first, and the characters are really interesting to read about.

Follow the author on Twitter and Goodreads 

"The real gem of this particular novel is the excellent characters that have been created and each one of them you will know in your own life. The insight of how these people think and react to each other is first class. A true reflection of life in suburbia." - Beck Valley Books 

"If you are looking for a book full of twists and turns, then you need to check out The Bridesmaid: A Mystery. It will keep you guessing until the end. It is full of surprises. You think you know who is guilty one moment, and the next you think it is someone else. In fact, you will probably find yourself thinking that each character is guilty at some point in the book." - Kelli R. Guilbeau 

"I just couldn't put this book down. I felt hooked into the story from the first page. I really liked that most of the characters in the book had a reason for why they could have been the killer but that there wasn't one that was an outright frontrunner. I was left guessing to the end." - taken from Amazon.com


Follow the Book Tour
Photobucket

I received this book to review through Beck Valley Books Book Tours, all the opinions above are 100% my own.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you decided to read through to the finish and ended up loving it, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.